Thursday 7 January 2010

Found my direction

Having been wandering in the wilderness for so long I am finally feeling as though I might have a purpose in my work. I don't know any details yet but I think I want my work to become less about myself, but to start working with other people. I realise I have a lot to give, and creative practice does not have to be selfish or self-centred.


Above are my poor old hands - I think I was born with old hands.

Developing opportunities for people to experience places in new ways, interacting with the local environment, developing awareness of sustainable lifestyles. These are some of the ideas I want to start working on.

Why has it taken so long for me to get to this?

5 comments:

  1. beautiful hands.
    and because life unfolds slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old hands................. poor hands........... sometimes it takes a lifetime for hands to know what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you have found your way! Happy New Year - Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good plan, looking out rather than in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah - your hands are beautiful creative hands. for some reason that photograph reminded of "something Amish" not sure why, but maybe its the precision you like work with and your generosity as a tutor/person. And you would tell your students it takes time because its a journey we are travelling and learning along the wayxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...