Monday 17 August 2009

Ailsa Well

While doing some research into 'a sense of place' I found out about some of the ancient sites around Bingley. I was amazed to discover that there are ancient carved stones in the woods above Bingley and lots of woodland springs that probably had spiritual significance for our ancestors. The is one spring in the centre of Bingley that I already knew about called Ailsa Well. It can be reached from the Riverside Walk.

          

It was beautifully cool on a sunny afternoon and the sound of the gently running water was incredibly calming. I was really pleased that it had been well cared for; it would be so easy for something like this to be lost in the chaos of modern town development.

Also along the path I came across this stunningly beautiful corridor of dappled shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...