Saturday 16 May 2009

Layering imagery and making connections

This week I started to see connections between the different processes I have been working with and how different kinds of images might be combined together. One of my new cyanotypes on a sheer fabric was layered over a digital print based on digital print and manipulation and I noticed how the little coloured marks showed through the leaf shapes. I really like how the different kinds of images are starting to work together and I think layering might be a really useful way to work.


The other connection involved my first attempt at pinhole Polaroid photography. The first image I tried using this method was unsuccessful and the result was just a load of squidgy marks, but then I noticed the connection with the wet, dirty marks in my digital images.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...