Monday 11 May 2009

Edges

While preparing some fabrics for making cyanotypes I noticed the beautiful edges of the old cotton fabrics I had in a pile. Some had torn or frayed edges, others had been hand stitched or hemmed at some time in the past.



















It reminded me that my 'reverse mind-mapping' had given me the word 'edges' at the centre of my current ideas and practice. It was a curious result at the time but since then I have found several occasions when I have created fascinating edges, quite by chance or realised that boundaries and edges are crucial ideas behind my subject matter. One example of this would be my fascination with twilight, or the edge of daytime as it turns night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...