Sunday 31 May 2009

Fast fabrics; digital embroidery onto digital prints

These are the first pieces I have done using my digital images printed onto textile and then embroidered using the multi-head ZSK.



Considering this is a first attempt I am quite pleased with the results. There are lots of things that could be improved with more time, both technical and aesthetic. Digital print seems to have a rather unpredictable effect on colour and I think I could develop the designs so that the separate elements work much better together. I would also like to experiment with the scale of the embroidery by enlarging the motifs and stitch sizes.


I am looking forward to getting some feedback from assessment to advise me where to take this from here.

1 comment:

  1. So pleased to be able to leave a comment and tell you how much I am enjoying reading about your work, thoughts and processes. You really are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...