Sunday 29 March 2009

Twilight photography

I decided to try taking photographs at twilight as this was the time of day I first encountered the shadows of branches on my bedroom walls. Twilight also has a slightly peculiar atmosphere about it; light plays tricks with your eyes, scale is distorted, colours change and it is a fleeting experience. I have always liked this time of day, especially during summer and autumn.


These photos were taken with my mobile phone from the window of a fast train (Leeds to London). I took an almost continuous stream of photos but stopped when it was darker outside than inside the train (because at this point I could only get reflections of the ticket guard). I wanted to capture the changing colours of twilight, hints of details in the landscape and a sense of speed as I rush through the landscape. I like the watercolour-ish look of these photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...