Sunday 29 March 2009

Exposure


I recently remembered the work of Yorkshire based photographer Liza Dracup. Her exhibition in 2007 'Sharpe's Wood' was a collection of the most magical and atmospheric woodland photography. All the photos were taken between sunset and sunrise using long exposures. This reminds me that photography inherently uses light and time as core materials. The connection with light and time relates very well to the ideas that I have started to explore and I feel that photography in different forms may become very important in my work.

When we had warmer weather I started to make more sunprints (cyanotypes). These were made next to the river Aire in Bingley using plant material I found on site. The image below was made using leaf skeletons and the one at the bottom was from dead plant stems. It was a very bright day so the prints are quite well defined.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...