Sunday 26 October 2014

Time to work, time to think

It's been a while since I was in the studio properly doing my own work. But the combination of forthcoming deadlines and some focussed time to myself means I have been doing a little sampling. These (below) are ideas being explored for a an exhibition in association with the Bradford Textile Archive, early next year.



I was also reminded this week of the need for reflective thinking and writing. Trying to foster reflective journal writing in my students has given me the opportunity to look back over some of my own journals from way back. The need to work and then pause, step back, take stock is as important now as it ever was when I was a student. The need to record it, even more important when working time is so fragmented.

I have been thinking about the relationships between woven textiles and stitch; repetition, grids and connections understood through material associations.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...