Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Prince's Shirt

Laundry mark from the 'Prince's Shirt', Hannah Lamb 2013

So at the turn of the year I promised to share some of the projects I have been quietly working on in the background. Firstly I told you about Visible Mending but the other thing I have been keeping fairly quiet about is my research project into the 'Prince's Shirt'. The shirt belongs to a member of my family and we know very little about it apart from that it was supposed to belong to a Prince. Above you can see just what a fine quality garment it is... and is that a tiny crown cross-stitched there?

The research project is being supported by Bradford College, and will involve some in depth costume, textile and historical research. So I have set up a blog to chart my progress, document the research process and share discoveries with a wider audience. It really promises to be something of a detective story and I would love to share the story with you.

So I would love it if you would take a look at the blog and please leave any comments. Also if you have any thoughts or suggestions on research leads I would love to hear from you.

The Prince's Shirt blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...