Friday 4 January 2013

Stitching in the gaps between

Although it feels like my work has been 'on the back burner' for a while, in fact I have been busy with some new and diverse projects ticking along quietly in the background. One of these is working towards an artwork for an exhibition on the theme of 'war' at the Yorkshire Craft Centre, Bradford College. At first I was unsure if I had anything to offer on the subject, it being so far removed from my usual areas of interest but then I found something very personal I wanted to explore.

Inspired by an old war-time embroidery pamphlet issued to military personnel, which was given to me by my Grandma, I have been developing a piece of work which blends together personal experiences of war but is really much more universal.


The work comprises a mixture of digital print and hand stitch and is based, in part, on the idyllic country scene above. I will share some images of work in progress soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...