Sunday 22 November 2009

Inspiring times

Visiting the Knitting & Stitching Show in Harrogate this weekend I was excited to see work by artists I was unfamiliar with, as well as new work by artists I know.

Tom Lundberg creates the most intricate small-scale embroideries which seem to almost glow with a spiritual power. There are hidden narratives within the works, which seem to be almost like religious icons.


I have known the work of Louise Baldwin for a while, but it was lovely to see her most recent pieces. The pieces combine beautiful colour and surfaces; intricate details and unusual juxtapositions of imagery.


Dionne Swift has developed a new body of work investigating printmaking instead of the devore that has become her hallmark. The quiet but industrial quality of the work appealed to me, especially the pieces onto industrial felt.

There are many more I could mention but I haven got the time. I will mention some graduate work at a later date, when I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...