Saturday 1 August 2009

Camping expedition and experiments

I have been away camping for a few days in Birchover, Derbyshire. It was rather wet and soggy but otherwise an enjoyable trip away to a different landscape.

While there we walked on Stanton Moor and met a couple that were gathering bilberries. I had never tasted bilberries before so it was really nice to experience something new. The berries are really tasty.


I also tried crushing a few berries on a piece of wool found on the moor to see if it would stain. Sure enough I managed to get a pretty pale blue/grey colour after rinsing. I haven't tried dyeing the wool properly but my fingernails were very well stained so I think it must have some good colouring properties!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...