Sunday 31 May 2009

drawing shadows from projections

These are some of the drawings I created by projecting my digital photos onto a sheet of A1 paper and drawing over the marks. I have used a variety of different media but found charcoal to be particularly appropriate because of the variety of marks that can be made, especially fuzzy marks and soft edges.


I was quite pleased with the results, even though some of them took a long time, as I haven't any large-scale drawing for ages. It was really enjoyable working in this way and using the projector seemed relevant to the idea of projected light and shade in the shadows.

My two young nephews think the drawings are of islands in a lagoon, which is pretty imaginative and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...