Friday 16 October 2015

Patching & printing

Over the last two weeks I have been exploring new directions with some of the patchwork and embroidery pieces I have been working on. Taking the plunge with ink and roller, I have been working on some new prints, for the forthcoming 'Material Evidence' exhibition at Sunny Bank Mills. I am really excited by the detail reproduction of each fibre and stitch, and also the opportunities for playing with composition. I think this might be just the start of something for me.

Material Evidence opens on Saturday 24th October at Sunny Bank Mills and includes work by Claire Wellesley-Smith, Clare Lane and Lorna Jewitt. I hope you will join us for afternoon tea 2-4pm to celebrate the opening.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...