Thursday 18 April 2013

In Cloud Country

A new exhibition at Harewood House focuses on the abstraction of nature. The artworks from the 18th to the 21th century include works by John Constable, Henri Matisse, Henry Moore, Edgar Degas, Richard Long, William Morris, Chris Ofili, J.M.W. Turner and Rachel Whiteread
'Whether it is atmospheric phenomena, the linear or textural qualities of the botanical world or their political and metaphoric potential, artists’ studies from nature offer a breathtaking range of abstractions' http://www.harewood.org/whats-on/exhibitions/1/978

The exhibition In Cloud Country continues until Sunday 30th June 2013.


While at Harewood I picked up a pine cone, then I noticed another, different kind. I love to find differences and similarities.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like such a wonderful exhibition! Such a shame it's so far away from London and therefore rather hard for me to make it!

    Also, I adore your collection of pine cones (my nickname is Pine Cone, so I may have a slight bias...)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...