Saturday 1 December 2012

Capturing the moment



Despite a cold blue sky today, as the sun lit the landscape it warmed everything with a sepia glow. The colours I see inside my magic box reminded me of vintage film as I was watching True Grit (original version) snuggled up on the sofa this afternoon. It made an interesting contrast with a snatch of BBC news about the latest developments in new digital film and media. It made me wonder if by trying to make everything appear so real this looses something else that film and photography captures? I love the old Technicolour films, with their saturated colour that seems to create something beyond reality, or perhaps something straight from the imagination. In the last few years I have discovered just how much qualities of light effect me both emotionally and physically, I wonder if this is something I should explore further in my own practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...