Friday 29 June 2012

Patterns in the smoke

Pots by Jo Myerscough

Last weekend we visited Holmfirth to check out the Art Market. Alongside a stunning array of talented markers, I was delighted to discover beautiful ceramics by Jo Myerscough. Jo ceramic pots and then creates each unique pattern by putting them in a bonfire with plant material and other 'combustible materials' to create smoky patination. You can read more about her magical process here.

I was excited by the sympathies with patterning I create using eco printing and cyanotype. Seeing Jo's pots has made me consider the qualities I enjoy in this kind of patterning; individuality, timelessness, patina, detail, spontaneity, muted palettes...

Above are the two pots I brought home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...