Thursday 5 April 2012

Is there such a thing as a wasted journey?

Yesterday I thought I'd had a wasted journey. Despite gridlocked roads, sleet, snow and rain I schlepped myself and my bike to Shipley only to find the group I help with hadn't managed to get there. Cycling back along the tow path to Bingley, it occurred to me that rather than being a wasted journey this was actually an opportunity; a free morning I hadn't expected to have (this from the 'glass half-full' school of thought!). With the weather being rather odd for April I also had the canal almost to myself.

Starry white ramsons, bobbing rabbit tails, the first bluebells, a wonderful display by a mute swan and a very chatty jay. What a JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...