Tuesday 27 March 2012

River Connections

The objects I collected when 'mudlarking' on last week looked so beautiful together, because they share the same context or perhaps because they have taken on some of the hues of the landscape. The rough shapes and edges also create a visual connection.


Beyond all of this I am also realising that the river Aire acts as a a connection for me between home and Hirst Wood (where I have done so much artwork over the past few years). This is both a physical, geographical connection and a mental connection between places... one point to another... connected by walking and making.

I don't feel the need to walk as a refuge now as much as I did before I moved house. Now that I have a garden to enjoy it doesn't feel as necessary, but I should walk more for my creative self as it feeds and nourishes me in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...