Thursday 24 February 2011

Time to Upload

Finally squeezing some time to set my thoughts down. Yesterday I spent some time re-exploring some eco-print bundles I made in north Devon last June. They allowed me to reflect on the processes and objects in a slightly more removed manner. Enjoying tactile responses to cloth, stone, thread and plant material.

Cloth bound in stone, stone bound in cloth...






Once again I was given the dilemma; to unwrap or not to unwrap? I wondered about the potential wrapped inside each bundle, something which is lost as soon as it is opened.

Unwrapping fossilised fabric...






More to follow...

1 comment:

  1. Your wrapped pieces are mysterious and intriguing, like a beautiful book that you would like to open but aren't allowed to touch. They work well just as they are as art objects. I can see your dilemma though, your unwrapped piece has beautiful prints of the vegetation which remind me of shadows of what was previously there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...