Tuesday 25 August 2009

Material qualities


I came across an old book of materials from 2001, during the final year of my degree. Although the outcomes of my work became quite different from my current research, I notice how similar the qualities were I wanted to achieve. I wonder how I became so distracted from this?

These materials were quite varied, ranging from cigarette packets picked up from the street to vintage lace and hand-dyed linen. I used mainly secondhand materials and papers. There seems to be a certain faded dignity about these surfaces. I think I should revisit some of these textural qualities.

1 comment:

  1. its good to revisit our past work. There are treasures to be found. Plus, these are really intriguing notebook pages. I want to turn the pages and see whats there...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...