Monday 4 May 2009

More digital embroidery experiments

During another session of stitching-out designs on the digital multi-head at MMU I have created a good little group of samples. I have been using the ZSK machine, which is rather old but works really well.

The smaller, simpler designs are working particularly well and I was very pleased that the design below worked so well as it was quite tricky to get the text as holes in the embroidery. I have experimented a bit with metallic threads and found that some work well while others are not suitable for use on the multi-head.



Melanie has suggested I consider filming some of my processes and I think this could be really interesting. I have already taken photographs to record the multi-head embroidery and cyanotype processes but it would be interesting to compare the relative speeds of these techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...